Print Topic

Main Area  /  Questions, Comments, & Announcements  /  Artwork
Posted by: ianforcer, February 15th, 2007, 8:37pm
I'm sending these thick and fast this evening!

How about a thread specifically for Artwork, whether that be official releases, vinyl and rare stuff. I mean the ashforum had one, but it was full of waffle. How about ONLY artwork can be posted in this thread. Maybe we start in sequence from Raptor through to Renegade including all the EPs, Promos and rare 7"s. I'd love to see what we could come up with, even just for nostalgia's sake.

I've got some gems I'd like to share such as the Candy German release with alternative cover and the Gone The Dream Promo etc.

I'm sure some will be opposed to the idea and/or believe it to be pointless, but I believe there is a place for such a topic on here. Let us know and ta for reading,

Ian
Posted by: FireSka, February 15th, 2007, 8:42pm; Reply: 1
I could create a section for this, but there are some websites like Walking-Barefoot and others that already have loads of artwork from the albums/singles/etc.  What kind of artwork do you have to share that can't be found elseware?  I'd like to try to keep this site to audio/video.  But if there really is a high demand for this, I could consider it.
Posted by: ianforcer, February 15th, 2007, 8:49pm; Reply: 2
Hey FireSka,

Thanks for response. Walking-Barefoot is in my faves but I mean stuff like Promos and rare stuff with custom artwork and ones which differ from the final release. It was just a thought really. I think we could better most fansites if we all lump together. I'm sure a lot of the fans won't have rarities that we probably own (due to the limited press numbers) so would enjoy viewing them.

Let's see how this one pans out anyway. At the end of the day, it would just be cool to have a page to view them all in chronological order. Most sites won't have included everything.

Peace Out
Posted by: FireSka, February 15th, 2007, 8:59pm; Reply: 3
Hey man, that would be hard to do with a forum based site like this one.  There are a couple websites out there that have a large number of rare images (promos and such).  I saved many of these to my hard drive a while back... some covers I had never seen before prior.  I was trying to find this site, but I haven't had any luck yet.
Print page generated: April 24th, 2024, 3:06pm