Print Topic

Main Area  /  Questions, Comments, & Announcements  /  Premium Member?
Posted by: FireSka, October 20th, 2006, 3:09am
I've decided to create a post to explain the concept of a "Premium Member."

What does it mean?
- As the board grows, so will the amount of bandwidth used.  If I ever need to impose bandwidth restrictions, download restrictions, or any other method of filtering, premium members (along with moderators of course) will be exempt from the restrictions.  Also, if I decide to do anything else special, premium members will be the first to know.  Basically, premium members get the perks.

- Premium members can also post entries to the calendar which is a kind of cool feature that allows you to keep track of special events.  It could be used to post setlists and show reviews, post when a bootleg is going to be recorded or when it was, and all sorts of things.  Also, when you enter your birthday into your profile it is automatically added to the calendar, so you can keep track of everyone's birthdays!

- Premium members can also run polls in the Bootleg Discussion section.

How do I become a premium member?
Here are the 3 ways that you can be a premium member:

- Be a regular bootleg contributor to this forum.  If I see you uploading all the time and constantly thanking others, I may upgrade you to premium member.

- Donate to support this forum and website.  I paid for it out of my own pocket ($$$), so I think that asking for donations is fair.  As bandwidth usage increases and the cost goes up, if I have donations I won't need to place ads on the forum.  Nobody likes those.  To donate, the donation information is at the very bottom of each page.

So, in conclusion, it doesn't mean a whole lot at the moment, as there are no restrictions for anyone right now (except the calendar).  But, as the forum grows it will be more important.  Please let me know if you think you should be eligible and why.

Thanks!
Print page generated: April 16th, 2024, 5:26pm