before using
The Ash Files.

Like The Ash Files?

Donation Information

Please include your Username
in the "Description" field.

uploading April 25th, 2024, 10:02am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register to view the entire website.

Main Area    General Discussion    Questions, Comments, & Announcements  ›  uploading Moderators: FireSka, dmh, Chad, hugon, ianforcer
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 5 Guests

Page: 1
Recommend Print
  Author
   uploading
  This thread currently has 4,223 views.
enjoyash
Posted: October 20th, 2006, 9:32pm Report to Moderator
Premium Member

Posts Per Day
great site, specially for non UK fans like me...
i want to give my little contribute uploading something...
i've got to check my hard disk mp3s before...

anyway, i've got many incomplete acoustic session or live sets, or maybe they are complete but i'dont' know the tracklist...sometimes i don'tknow the location, or the date...waht i have to do in these cases?

another question. is it possible to upload ash covering live or acoustic other artists songs?
Logged Offline
Private Message
FireSka
Posted: October 23rd, 2006, 9:18pm Report to Moderator
Administrator

Posts Per Day
Hey man.  Glad you want to contribute!

FIRST QUESTIONS' ANSWER:
Just put as much information as you do know.  http://www.walking-barefoot.com has the dates for many of the shows as well, so if you know the era and location you can get the date, etc...   You should know the tracklist if you can hear the songs...  other users can help you figure it out if there are some songs you don't know.  If the bootleg is incomplete, just post the ones that you have and include a note that says it is incomplete.  If you don't know ANYTHING about the bootleg, the least you could put would be:

Live Recordings - 2001-2002 era (guess the era based on the setlist/album)
or
Live Performance - 2001-2002 era (for a whole set that you don't know info for... you should at least have SOME info though, right?)

...or... just post the single song:   Ex:  Sweet Child Of Mine - Acoustic.  Put a subject you see fit and if it sucks, I'll edit it  =p

SECOND QUESTION's ANSWER:
Yes, you can upload Ash covering other artist's songs!  In fact, it is encouraged!  =)  The only one's that you cannot upload are ones that have been released b-sides or album tracks... for example you CANNOT post Ash's studio cover of Nirvana's Blew or Mudhoney's Who You Driving Now? Most of this site's media will be live or session performances.  Maybe I will go ahead and upload all of the b-sides I see as OK to upload when I get home...

Hope that helped!  I know it was lengthy, but I wanted to give you a good answer!

-FireSka-
The Ash Files
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 1 - 2
enjoyash
Posted: October 28th, 2006, 1:37pm Report to Moderator
Premium Member

Posts Per Day
excellent answers
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 2
 Page: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions, Comments, & Announcements  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules